Leadership changes to focus on the delivery of our new strategy03 November 2023
We are making changes to our executive management team following the launch of our new Corporate Strategy.
The Group’s strategy was launched six months ago and gives us a new, clear direction and an obvious need for change. Key areas for focus include improving our core services, investing more in customer and building safety, a shake-up of our operating model, and how we react and adapt to the economic and financial challenges.
We are making changes to our executive management team
The changes follow the appointment of Ian Wardle as CEO just over a year ago, as well a new Chair – Alan Collett.
Focusing on customersThe Group has already started to implement some service improvements. However to effectively face these challenges head-on, we are also making changes to our leadership structure.
One key area that has been identified as a priority is improving services to customers. Historically, all operations sat under a single Executive Director, covering every aspect of customer facing services including housing, customer services and property repairs and maintenance.
In order for the Group to implement the improvements identified in its new strategy more quickly and effectively, we have split the Executive Director of Operations role into two:
- Chief Property Officer - which will cover all services that touch a customers’ homes such as repairs and building and fire safety
- Chief Customer Officer - which will focus on delivering and improving our services to customers.
Alongside these changes, we will also be combining our two central services roles for Treasury and Central & Financial Services into one executive role, Chief Finance Officer.
New look teamOverall, our Executive Management Team now comprises:
- Chief Executive Officer – Ian Wardle
- Chief Customer Officer (new role) - Kate Gascoigne on a fixed-term basis
- Chief Finance Officer (new role) – Vacant
- Chief Property Officer (new role) – Michael Reece
- Executive Director of Change & IT – Andy Boyes
- Executive Director of Central & Financial Services – Tracey Barnes on a fixed-term basis.
The changes follow our previous announcements that Dean Tufts, Executive Director of Finance & Strategy, and Nick Hutchings, Executive Director of Commercial, will both be retiring in early 2024.